On May 21, 2013, ArborVitae publicly launched our school with a celebratory inauguration party. Over 100 people attended the event, including local practicing and aspiring herbalists, Tri-State staff and students, and friends and other supporters.
The party featured a lovely array of homemade, local foods, and intriguing herbal beverages. Homemade food included burdock stir fry, dandelion fritters, wild greens salad, mini sandwiches, and herb infused truffles.
We heartily thank everyone who attended the event, and all those who contributed food, drink, decoration, and herbs to this memorable night. In particular, we extend appreciation to:
- The Tri-State College of Acupuncture, for use of the space for the party and all of the support you have given to ArborVitae
- Lata Kennedy and the crew at Flower Power, for continued work with ArborVitae and contribution of delicious herbal cocktails and dishes
- Urban Moonshine, for the gift of herbal bitters and shirts that were given as prizes to attendees
- Quaker City Mercantile and Art in the Age, for their donation of organic herbal Spirits
- Michael Yatze of Flying Pigs Farm, for sandwiches featuring your local, heritage breed pork
- Claire Hartten and Christine Rico of Green Rabbits